Tuesday, November 6, 2012

My Campus Event

The event that I attended was Global Friends Hour with the speaker Dr. Param Srikantia. His presentation was about the education system in todays society. He explained how everything in todays society is so uniform and standardized, how this is turning us into "walking robots" trying to fit into a society that makes us all different. We are waking up and having our routine for the day, these kinds of things are just ways that the education system is controlling us. I loved the way he presented the information to the group because he didnt just throw a bunch of scientific terms at us he actually explained what he was saying and interacted with the group to make it funny as well as fun for everyone there. He is very popular because they even had to set up chairs along the back wall because everyone wanted to hear him speak. He also holds a five hour long session of "Why life sucks" I would really enjoy going to this and would encourage others to go as well.

1 comment:

  1. So so true. I wish I could have gone to this one! It sounded really interesting.

    ReplyDelete